Thursday 9 April 2015

Please sign this petition

Please sign and share this petition.
In the same week that my University proposed closing my educational research department putting me and my colleagues at risk of redundancy, they also summarily dismissed our union rep. and his wife leaving a family with three children with no means of support.
The university posted on Facebook that they were "comfortable that procedures have been followed":https://www.facebook.com/UniversityofBolton/posts/10153176891007145
At a time when many universities across the world are behaving cruelly, guided by a fundamentalist managerial ideology, I believe it is important that academics speak out against what is becoming an attack on everything that universities stand for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Done. Sorry (though not surprised) to hear a seeming endless stream of grim news from the University of Bolton and its autocratic management regime. Solidarity.